When you move to a smarter home, ease of use is an important issue. Therefore, all Silvergear Smart Home products are linked to the Smart Life app. This is available for free for Android and Apple. This is how you connect your devices to the Smart Life app.
1) Download the app
The Smart Life app is free to download from the Google Play Store or the App Store and has a number of useful advantages:
- Once connected to Wi-Fi, you can control your smart devices from anywhere.
- Add new devices easily.
- Use voice commands via Google Home or Amazon Alexa/Echo.
- Simply set your devices by time and location.
- Share your smart home devices with your friends and family.
- Receive notifications when needed.
2) Add your smart device
- Under My Family, click the plus sign in the top right corner and find the product you want to add.
- Connect the product and wait until the indicator on the product flashes.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- The app will connect to the router and the smart device...
- And you're done! You can now use the product via the app and give it a name.
3) Set it up the way you want it
Now for the fun part. Configure your smart device just the way you want it. Save time and make your life more comfortable. Unless your phone is empty...
Here are a few tips to give you ideas of what to set up
- Let the coffee machine warm up in the morning so you can make coffee right away (using the Smart Plug).
- Set a timer for your smart lights to simulate a sunrise or sunset (using the Wi-Fi LED lights).